Disclosure (full version- https://nikolaroza.com/affiliate-disclosure/): Some of the links you’ll encounter are affiliate links. If you click and buy something, I will get a commission. Thank you!
Interested in joining the SEMrush affiliate program?
I don’t blame you.
The SEMrush affiliate program is one of the best to promote in the affiliate marketing industry, and because of two reasons.
First, SEMrush is the best all-in-one marketing platform in the market, so it’s a cinch to promote them successfully.
Second, it’s a very lucrative, high-paying partner program.
In this post, you’ll learn everything you need to know about SEMrush’s affiliate program.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is SEMrush Affiliate Program?
The SEMrush affiliate program is a partnership between you and SEMrush that lets you promote their SEO and marketing tools in return for a hefty commission.
Also, more than 20% of Fortune 500 companies (think Tesla, Amazon, Samsung, Wix, and others) use SEMrush on a daily basis to boost their online presence.
As a SEMrush affiliate, you stand to make $200 per sale.
This means, that whenever someone clicks through your SEMrush affiliate link and makes a purchase you get a commission in your affiliate dashboard.
The moment you sign up to become a SEMrush affiliate, your referral ID will become active and you can start earning from the affiliate program straight away.
Learn below how to join SEMrush’s partner program.
How to Join SEMrush Affiliate Program in 2023?
Getting started with the SEMrush affiliate program is both free and pretty simple.
But first, there are three things you need to have;
- A website with at least 1000 monthly traffic or social media account with at least 1000 followers;
- An active blog with at least 5+ blog posts published.
- Your content should be around content marketing, social media marketing, SEO, and basically anything around the topics of digital marketing.
Note that you cannot promote SEMrush through an email marketing strategy only.
If you don’t fulfill the three requirements mentioned above, then I suggest you don’t try to join the SEMrush partner program, as you’re likely to get rejected,
But if you already qualify, here is a step-by-step guide to set up your SEMrush affiliate program account.
STEP 1: Click here to create your SEMrush affiliate program free account.
STEP 2: In the fields on the signup page, fill all the applicable details, then click on the “Sign up” button to complete registration.
STEP 3: After completing the signup process, you can now log into your account and start promoting your SEMrush affiliate links to generate commissions.
Best Benefits of SEMrush Affiliate Program
If you’re on the fence and still don’t know why you should join the SEMrush affiliate program, read on.
There are a ton of different reasons why people promote SEMrush but I’m going to list what I think are the 3 best benefits of joining the SEMrush affiliate program.
#1- High Paying Commissions
SEMrush has 3 subscription plans.
- Pro plan ($119.95/month);
- Guru Plan ($229.95/month);
- Business Plan ($449.95/month)
Regardless of the subscription plan you sell, you’ll earn $200. If a subscriber signs up for the free trial you get a $10 commission.
|SEMrush Plan||Monthly Price||Yearly Price||Premium SEMrush subscription bought commission||Free trial activation commission||Free account activation commission|
Considering their plans start at $119.95, that’s a pretty generous payout to affiliates. In fact, many SEMrush affiliates are racking in thousands of dollars per month.
#2- Awesome Product With Multiple Tools to Promote
As an affiliate marketer, however good you are, if you have a terrible product in your hands, your sales are going to suffer.
To make a good income from an affiliate program, you need a good product and that is what you have with SEMrush.
Some of the award-winning tools packed in SEMrush tool-set include keyword research tools, competitor analysis tools, backlink audit tools, backlink analysis tools, Domain vs Domain comparison, site audit, social media tracker, brand monitoring, and many others.
SEMrush gives you over 50 different tools for which you can create keyword-targeted content separately. That increases your traffic and definitely increases your conversions, hence you’ll have better sales and you’ll earn more commissions.
#3- Last-Click attribution and up to 120 Days of Cookie Life
The “Last-click” attribution system allows the credit to go to the last affiliate link a buyer interacts with just before making a payment.
Also, the 120 days cookie duration gives you ample time to earn a commission should a customer not pay for a subscription on the first encounter with your link.
5 Clever Ways to Promote SEMrush Affiliate Program
Now that you’ve decided to jump on the SEMrush affiliate program, how do you actually promote it?
I hate to say it, but promoting any affiliate program is not as easy as it seems. Posting your affiliate links on your socials or writing a review once in a while won’t cut it.
You need a strategy when it comes to making money with affiliate marketing. Especially when it comes to promoting high-end products like SEMrush.
There are definitely tens of ways to promote affiliate products out there but here are 5 of the best you can start with to promote SEMrush.
Blog posts are one underrated channel to promote high-end products, even though they work like a charm. The reason is simple, people are always looking for helpful, in-depth tutorials and reviews. Once you create that kind of content and get it in front of the right audience, your sales will inevitably go up.
If you choose to go with blog writing, it is important that you know your target audience. Figure out what their problems are, and create content that can help them solve that problem. Then you can mention SEMrush tools that can help them with their problems.
Also, product reviews are effective. Probably because most people who look for reviews are ready to buy. You can create a full SEMRush review, or individual reviews covering different SEMrush features.
Make sure your reviews are in-depth with all the pros and cons you can think of. Don’t be biased. Let the reader decide for themselves.
Some SEMrush promotional ideas:
- SEMrush review;
- SEMrush Black Friday;
- SEMrush Free trial;
- SEMrush lifetime deal;
- SEMrush for nonprofits;
- SEMrush cracked version (explain how there is no cracked version of SEMrush so they better get a free trial instead…);
- and more.
2- Email newsletters
Email marketing is said to give the best ROI –estimated to be an average of $38 per $1 spent. Research also shows that about 66% of buyers make purchases through emails.
This makes building an email list a priority for any affiliate marketer. But, how do you do that?
The most rewarding way is to create “SEO email courses”. You can create free courses around SEO that attendees can only access through email. Then through the courses, you can talk about the different SEMrush tools that are related to the topic.
The faster way is to create checklists. This works best if you already have some content around SEO. If you don’t, then create some.
The idea here is to get your readers to access the free checklists by opting into your email list. And then you can proceed to market SEMrush to them via email.
3- Social media.
If you think you’re not a good writer, or you don’t have the budget to hire or pay for traffic, then social media is for you.
Social media can get you traffic quickly but it doesn’t mean you just have to go in and drop your links everywhere. You need to build a community instead.
Join relevant SEO groups on Facebook, and engage with relevant Twitter threads. Post helpful content and comments. That creates an opportunity for you to promote products. The more people trust your insights, the more likely they will follow your recommendations.
Some ideas to promote the SEMrush affiliate program on social media include;
- Joining groups that let you post your blog posts. That way, you can get some free traffic for your SEMrush tutorials and reviews.
- You can also conduct giveaways where you give eBooks or checklists to people who signup for SEMrush using your affiliate link. This works well if you’ve already created that community that trusts you.
- If you’ve made some money, go ahead and test Facebook ads. $10/day would be great to test the waters. Test different landing pages and ad copies, and see what works.
4- Video tutorials
YouTube + other video platforms have become a great source of product information. 4There are plenty of people researching SEMrush through YouTube search bar.
The beauty of video tutorials is they are evergreen. That means the video will still be useful to the consumers months or even years later after you’ve created it.
Focus on making dedicated videos about SEMrush features, and take time to learn about YouTube video optimization so that you get better results.
Talking about videos, SEMrush has a video about how to market SEMrush to increase your affiliate sales. Here it is, I think you will find it helpful.
eBooks are proven to work in almost any niche. The key here is to create eBooks focused on a specific problem that can be solved by one of the features of SEMrush.
It’s okay to create an eBook on a broad topic but tests have shown that focusing on a specific topic converts much better. This gives you an opportunity to create multiple eBooks.
For example, you can create one around keyword research with SEMrush, the next one around SEMrush brand monitoring tool, another on competitor analysis, and so on.
SEMrush Partnership Program Pros and Cons
Here are the top pros and cons of the SEMrush affiliate program.
- Free to join the partner program. As an affiliate, you also get a 7-day free trial of their Pro or Guru premium plans.
- Instant account setup. No need to wait for manual approval to join the program.
- High-paying commission of $200 per sale. You also get $10 for each free trial activation without a purchase.
- Last-Click attribution and 120 days cookie duration.
- Detailed affiliate dashboard (via Impact Radius). Providing information about purchase date, sign-ups, traffic, and much more.
- Helpful affiliate manager and lots of promotional and training materials.
- No recurring commissions.
- Lots of competition as many affiliates are fighting to get $200 per sale.
- Self-referrals are not allowed.
- You can’t use your affiliate income to purchase a premium SEMrush plan.
Should you Become an Affiliate for SEMrush?
Anyone can become a SEMrush affiliate but if you have a blog or work within the digital marketing space, you definitely should become an affiliate for SEMrush.
You could easily be leaving $200 commissions on the table by not joining the program.
And even if you don’t have a website, you can promote your affiliate link through email, social media, or videos.
While anyone can become a SEMrush affiliate, there are some limitations too;
- You have to be at least 18 years old to become an affiliate;
- Adult, coupon, and gambling websites are prohibited from promoting SEMrush.;
- You can’t refer yourself or the company you work for.
Out of those, it is a green light to kick-start promoting SEMrush.
Best SEMrush Affiliate Program Alternatives
While the SEMrush affiliate program is one of the best affiliate programs, this review would not be complete without talking about the top alternatives.
Here are the top 3 SEMrush Affiliate Program Alternatives
#1- SpyFu Affiliate Program
SpyFu is most known for being a leading competitor research platform. They pay a 40% recurring commission. Their monthly plans start from $39/month and $16/month if subscribers choose to be billed annually.
SpyFu Affiliate Program Facts
- 40% recurring commissions regardless of subscription plan;
- Bi-monthly commission payments after a threshold of $150 (Mangools pay through PayPal and Wire Transfer);
- 1-year cookie life. (This means you’ll get credited if a visitor makes a purchase within a year of clicking on your affiliate link);
- Pay Per Click (PPC) promotion is allowed.
#2- Mangools SEO Affiliate Program
Mangools offers a 30% recurring commission to their affiliate and you can promote popular tools like KWFinder, SERPChecker, LinkMiner and more.
Mangools Affiliate Program Facts
- 30% recurring commissions regardless of subscription plan;
- Monthly commission payments via PayPal. (Their threshold limit is $150);
- Good conversion rates. Their internal data shows up to 67% of their first-time registrations became paid subscribers within 24 hours.
#3- Serpstat Affiliate Program
Serpstat is another all-in-one SEO software that offers roughly the same functionalities as SEMrush but at much lower costs. Their cheapest plan starts at $69/mo (which is a great hook for potential buyers) and they pay recurring commissions of 30% to their affiliates.
Serpstat Affiliate Program Facts
- 30% recurring commissions regardless of subscription plan;
- Low commission payment threshold limit of $50. (Payments are made through PayPal);
- 30 days cookie life. That’s an average cookie length and plenty of time for a potential buyer to decide and buy.
SEMrush Affiliate Program FAQ- Your Questions Answered!
My SEMrush affiliate program guide would be incomplete without a thorough and helpful FAQ section.
The answers to your questions are below.
#1- Is SEMrush Affiliate Program Free to Join?
SEMrush affiliate program is free to join. You don’t have to pay anything to join and start promoting SEMruhs, and you’ll never be required any money to stay a SEMrush affiliate.
#2- What are the requirements to Join the SEMrush Affiliate Program?
Here are the requirements you need to fulfill in order to join SEMrush’s partnership program:
- You need to have a web property (website, or social media profile) with at least 1000/mo traffic or followers.
- You need to e writing about SEO, content marketing, digital marketing, and related topics and niches;
- You need to keep your blog regularly updated with new content. The same goes with social media activity;
- You can’t promote SEMrush with email marketing alone. But you can use email marketing in conjunction with other promotional strategies.
#3- How Much Money Can I Make as an Affiliate for SEMrush?
There is no limit to how much money you can make with SEMrush. They’re the best and most famous all-in-one SEO software with a huge audience and huge interest in the tool. This means the potential to make sales is there, is large, and is growing as SEMrush expands its market even more.
You can also tap into related markets (other SEO tools like Ahrefs, Serpstat, Searchmetrics, SE Ranking…) to try and draw more potential customers over to SEMrush.
Note: here’s how the commission structure for SEMrush affiliate program.
- Earn $0.01c with every free SEMrush account activation;
- Earn $10 with every SEMrush free trial activation;
- Earn $200 with every premium SEMrush subscription purchase.
Note: SEMrush affiliate program runs on last-click attribution model and as their affiliate, you have 120 day-timeframe to make the sale and earn a commission.
#4- Is SEMrush Affiliate Program Still Run on Berush?
SEMrush affiliate program is no longer run over Berush. Instead, they’ve hopped over to Impact Radius, one of the best affiliate networks for merchants and affiliates.
#5- What are the Payout Methods of SEMrush Affiliate Program?
SEMrush affiliate program payout methods are the ones provided by Impact Radius.
- Electronic Funds Transfer;
- other (in case you can’t receive money with the first 2 options, you can reach out to your SEMrush affiliate manager to set up a new payment method just for you).
Note: you can also set the payment threshold above which you want to be paid. The minimum payment amount is $50.
#6- Where Can I Read the SEMrush Affiliate Program Terms of Service Document?
You can read the SEMrush terms of service document by clicking on this link. Don’tworry, the page will open in a new window and you’ll keep your place here.
#7- Where Can I Contact SEMrush Affiliate Manager to Ask Further Questions?
Every affiliate program needs to have a dedicated affiliate manager. SEMrush affiliate program is no exception.
You can contact the SEMrush affiliate manager via this email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From my experience, they usually respond in the next 48h or so.
#8- Does SEMrush Have a Refer-a-Friend Program?
SEMrush doesn’t have refer-a-friend-program.
If that changes in the future, I’ll make sure to update this page.SEMrush Affiliate Program FAQ- All Your Questions Answered! Click To Tweet
SEMrush Affiliate Program (Conclusion)
I hope my guide helped you decide whether to join the SEMruhs affiliate program,
If you’re in the internet marketing niche and are looking to make serious money online, this SEMrh partnership should be unmissable for you.
Remember, commissions are crazy $200 per referral, so even if you make just 5 referrals per month, that’s still a $1000 in your pocket.
Let me know your valuable thoughts in the comments section below.
Nikola Roza is an affiliate marketer and blogger behind Nikola Roza- SEO for the Poor and Determined. He writes for bloggers who don't have huge marketing budgets and who still want to carve out a niche online and a better life for themselves. He's also passionate about precious metals IRAs and how to invest in gold and silver for a safer financial future. Learn about Nikola here, or read his blog posts and guides here.